One of the biggest purchases when building or renovating a house is buying kitchen cabinets. First impressions last forever. Kitchen cabinets can have a major effect on both the value and appeal of your house since they’re one of the main things your family members and guests see when they arrive at your kitchen.
When it comes to buying kitchen cabinets, you’ve got two options to choose from. These options are framed and frameless cabinets.
Both cabinets have unique benefits. They offer endless design opportunities. Today, we’re going to share with you some things you need to know when buying framed or frameless kitchen cupboards Johannesburg.
What are Frameless Cabinets?
As the name implies, frameless cabinets don’t have a face frame. They provide more storage space and ease of access by getting rid of the face frame. Frameless cabinets have a sleeker appearance with seamless lines. You can attach cabinet doors directly to the side of the box.
Frameless cabinets are usually known as modern cabinets. The reason for this is that they have a seamless and sleek appearance, making them a well-known option for contemporary and modern kitchens.
Benefits of Frameless Cabinets
- Bigger Spacious Drawers – Usually, you’ll have more space since there is no face frame attached to the front.
- Extra Flexibility in Styling and Designing – You can use frameless cabinets in a modern as well as traditional design.
- More Space for Storage – Because there isn’t any face frame to create a lip around the cabinet, you can easily store items, such as juicers, blenders, or mixers, in frameless cabinets.
- More Accessibility – You will have more accessibility because there is no edge of a frame projecting into the cabinet opening. This enables easier access to the interior of the cabinet. It also provides a bigger opening to store cookware, platers, and plates.
What is Framed Cabinets?
As the name implies, framed cabinets have a face frame. This frame covers the front of the box. The doors of framed cabinets attach to the face frame. This enables more stability. Thus, framed cabinets are sturdier and stronger.
Framed cabinets are usually known as traditional cabinets.
Benefits of Framed Cabinets
- More Options for Door Style – Usually, framed cabinets provide a huge range of various door styles since the frame helps for the stability of the doors.
- More Customizable and Versatile – Full, standard, and inset overlay options provide you a lot of design opportunities for creating a tailored look for your kitchen cabinets.
- Sturdiness and Strength – The solid wood face frame on framed cabinets serves to drastically improve the stability of the sidewalls. This is one of the biggest benefits of framed cabinets over frameless cabinets.
Framed vs. Frameless Cabinets
The answer to this question greatly depends on your space needs and preferences. Thus, you have to weigh the options and make the correct decision. Keep in mind that the durability and quality between the two types are the same. You just have to choose between two different construction methods that provide a distinct appearance. A professional contractor can help you install the right kitchen cabinet for your needs.